2017 Goals In Front, Fears Behind
First off, Happy New Year! Now, with all the Auld Lang Syne and 2017 pleasantries out of the way, let’s get down to adding some real value to this coming year.
We live in an uncertain era – a world full of chaos, tough obstacles, and even tougher decisions. This is not a “once upon a time” situation. Life is tough, every day. When we start accepting that, things will look a whole lot brighter at the end of it.
Over the last 21 years of building a global business, I have been fortunate enough to have had lots of great advice, amazing mentors, and attended the University of Life’s Hard Knocks more often than I’d like.
So, I want to start this year off by sharing some of the things I, my friends, peers, and colleagues have felt helped us. Here is some insight that I hope will resonate or at least start a conversation.
First, I don’t believe in New Year’s resolutions; mainly hot air and some short term, half-assed attempts. I DO believe that a few small actions can make a huge difference:
- Consistent and Constant Improvement – It’s the cornerstone of growth
- Reflect & Learn – Meditation really does work!
- Be Accountable – “Cover your ass” (CYA) seems to be a new way of life – X it out!
- Stand up for what you believe in – Be Bold Be Brave
And some incredibly insightful books I highly recommend:
- “Tools of Titans” by Tim Ferriss,
- “The Road Less Traveled” by M. Scott Peck,
- “Boundaries” by Henry Cloud and John Townsend.
Some of the best inspiration I’ve had over the past few months has come from these books, which include:
- Daily self-affirming mantras – Brings clarity & focuses the mind
- Make your bed everyday – It does make a difference
- Focus on your responsibilities – It’s not your job to tend to others constantly
- Small # of successful traits can make a big difference – It does work
Live in the present, and never let your past, your fears, or your self-doubt dictate what you do, or who you are.
This is not about preaching how great I think I am, or trying to convince you to use The ELEVATE Group. This is about giving back, cutting the BS, and focusing on honesty, straight talking, and collaboration.
I truly believe that one of the greatest things we can do is share what we’ve learned with others, and I’m looking forward to sharing as much as I can with you as we go through 2017 and beyond.
It is our actions that inspire others, and our actions that define us.
I look forward to some interesting discussions.